Re: git am

On 06/03/2013 07:31 AM, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, 28 May 2013 17:27:00 -0400, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>> We need to switch to git-am process workflow for glibc
>> so I won't make those kinds of mistakes.
>
> I'd be very happy to, but it seems difficult to me with all the conflicts
> it would cause in ChangeLog and NEWS files?

Is there any way a pre/post-commit hook could use metadata in the message
to update NEWS and ChangeLog?

e.g.

FIXES: XXXXX

and

CHANGELOG:
nptl/ChangeLog
ports/ChangeLog.mips

That way we can just throw away the conflict, and the hook reapplies
the automatic changes?

This is what I'd like to have happen at some point in the future to
make life easier.

Cheers,
Carlos.