Re: non-prototype function definitions

On 03/08/2013 10:43 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
We still would like to preserve these two properties in the API/ABI:
that every public function has a prototype declaration in an installed
header file; and that every function works correctly when called
without a prototype declaration in scope.

This doesn't really work with magic functions such as fstat and strerror_r. (But I hope the only remaining users of non-prototype function declarations are autoconf tests.)

On a somewhat related note, with the recent proliferation of new systems programming languages, a way to extract the glibc (and kernel) ABI in a more declarative fashion would be quite helpful.