Re: support for calling Linux syscalls directly

Hi!
> >> I don't think it makes sense for every source tree that wants to
> >> call syscall directly to have to duplicate over and over again the
> >> argument passing quirks of various architectures.
> >>
> >> Multiple instances of such tricky code means multiple places for
> >> the same bugs over and over again.
> >
> > I'm all for deduplication. And having an up to date table of linux
> > syscalls numbers would greatly help us too (that way we could get rid of
> > the one in LTP). But the only usable way I can think of is to create a
> > git submodule which could be easily included in other repos as any
> > library you make wouldn't be included in current distros and wouldn't
> > make it into enterprise distros in less than five years.
> >

> That is what the uapi is for.

That looks really good, but I have two questions.

Is this rasonably usable or still being worked on? The last source of
infomation about the work seems to be LWN article from July 2012.

Will this headers be available in separate repo so that changes can be
periodically pulled into the LTP? (I guess I can just copy then from
kernel repo from time to time but having more reliable source would
probably be better.)

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz