Re: support for calling Linux syscalls directly

On 01/31/2013 12:40 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Rich Felker <dalias@aerifal.cx> writes:
>
>> 2. Library creep is bad. We live in an age where "ldd" outputting 30+
>> lines for trivial command line tools and hundreds of lines for large
>> gui applications is the norm.
>
> libinux should be static-only.  It doesn't make sense to make it shared
> (the syscall wrappers are very thin).

The main advantage of making it dynamic is that we can fix issues.  I
don't see any benefit to making it static only, and the number of
programs that are expected to use these system calls are relatively small.

If we end up having to pull this library into a majority of programs
then we have included system calls that belong better in glibc.

	-hpa