Re: Translations

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:

> One of the major tasks that need to be completed is checking for
> and submitting a request for translation updates to the translation
> project.
>
> My impression is that since we've frozen, we will avoid at all costs
> any changes that might create a requirement for new translations.
>
> Therefore it should be prudent for me to work on putting together the
> submission for the translation folks.
>
> Any objections?

Dave,

Where are the glibc PO files hosted?

There is no obvious link to the L10n home of glibc PO files that I
could find on the wiki

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/HomePage

or for that matter on the main site:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/index.html

They don't leap out at me from the module set on Damned Lies:

http://l10n.gnome.org/module/

Am I overlooking them by thinking that the glib module is NOT glibc?

In running pocount statistics on the downloaded  /po directory, I can
say that the current state of translation looks like a bit of a mess.

total string counts variously reported as:

908
1088
1145
1235
1256
1326
1353
1413
1442

This an area where I might be of some assistance.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator