Re: Support cross-testing (version 3)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> > +# Unset all variables from the blacklist.  Then echo all exported
> > +# variables.  The 'export -p' command adds backslashes for environment
> > +# variables which contain newlines.
> > +blacklist_exports ()
> > +{
> > +  (unset ${env_blacklist}; export -p) | remove_newlines
>
> If called by bash, export -p outputs series of declare -x commands,
> which will fail if the remote /bin/sh is not bash.

"declare -x" was meant to be replaced by "export" in the post-processing
of "export -p" output, but it seems that got lost when revising the
script.  (That post-processing isn't, I think, actually safe in general
for environment variables whose values contain newlines; it was meant to
be an optimization, but I'd be happy for it to be removed and for
environment settings with newlines between successive "export" commands
just to be passed as-is to the remote system.)

> 	(bourne_quote): Remove use of local.

bourne_quote is still bash-specific unless you redo the
${arg//\'/\'\\\'\'} used for quoting.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com