Re: Use $(NM) not nm in tst-cancel-wrappers

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Joseph S. Myers
<joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>> I would rather this variable be called something other
>> than nm, such that it clearly fails if the "$" is left
>> off by accident.
>
> I don't think the "$" being left off by accident is a significantly more
> plausible mistake than anything else someone might do wrong when editing
> this script.

Is there any down side to calling the variable NM following what's
used in the configure scripts?

It makes it easier to search for occurrences of NM, and accidental
removal of $ doesn't result in a script that works on native only.

Cheers,
Carlos.