Re: tst-pthread-getattr changes break sparc

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 03:38:00 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:
> > This means that I won't be checking the top of stack with the test,
> > which basically misses the point of doing this test at all. Would
> > it be a better idea instead to disable this test for sparc in the
> > Makefile?
>
> What's the test actually trying to verify?

The test is trying to verify that the stackaddr that pthread_getattr_np
returns is valid, i.e. the program can access the location pointed to
by stackaddr. In the general case, stackaddr will be the edge of
RLIMIT_STACK or just within, which is why it looks to me that it would
be incompatible with the way sparc context switches work.

Regards,
Siddhesh