Re: FAQ about strlcpy/strlcat ?

On 05/21/2012 09:29 AM, William Park wrote:

> I don't think strcpy() is ever used in its raw
> form because of lack of destination size.

strcpy can be used in contexts where the destination is known
to be large enough.  For example, the 'ls' program in
GNU coreutils uses strcpy twice, and both uses are safe.

> Could you reconsider?

The issue can always be reconsidered at some point, but
right now I'm just trying to put something into the FAQ
rather than restart the argument....