Re: Flatten sysdeps/unix/bsd/bsd4.4 into sysdeps/unix/bsd

On Wed, 9 May 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> In reality, you are arguing for this change going in without regard for any
> possibility of it being tested in the only configurations where it might
> have any effect.  For such a low-priority item, I don't think that's
> a defensible position.

There isn't any configuration where most of it can plausibly be tested at
present, when functional Hurd support involves 86 unmerged topic branches.
It has been tested on one architecture using the Linux kernel, which is
sufficient to cover its effects on functional platforms.

I don't think it's reasonable to block any patches at all on testing on
Hurd until the Hurd support in mainline is working without any out-of-tree
patches.

I consider it important to make it easier for people to find their way
around the source tree.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com