Makefile rules for ports tarballs are out of date.

In preparing to make the glibc and ports tarballs for the 2.15 release
I notice that the makefile rules for `dist-ports' seem to be
completely out of date. The `dist-ports' target still references cvs
commands, do I take that to meant that there has not been a ports
tarball since we switched to git? I don't think this is true because I
see a 2.14.1 ports tarball released October 17th, 2011 on
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libc. I'm curious to know by what process was
that ports tarball made 2.14.1?

Given the current state of ports' tarball rule, I will likely do the following:

* Fix the ports Makefile to support export from git like the glibc
Makefile does.
* Post patch for review on libc-ports and commit after discussion.
* Tag ports again.
* Make the tarball.

Comments?

I assume that the ports tarball creation process should mirror that
done for glibc?

Cheers,
Carlos.