Re: FYI, git gc'd glibc.git: 140MiB -> 82MiB

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> writes:
>
>> That's way too many unpacked objects.
>
> It's not even close to the default gc.auto limit.
>
>> Simply running "git gc"
>
> This is run automatically on each push.

??
If the server ran "git gc" on every push, then my manual invocation would
have had no effect.  You probably meant to say that "git gc --auto is run
on each push", which is accurate, but it's a no-op unless e.g., there
are very many "loose" objects.  Given the average size of glibc.git's
objects, the default gc.auto limit seems too high, so I've set it to 2000
(down from the default of 6700).  Even that is probably still too high.