Re: Require and document using kernel headers from "make headers_install"

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > Is "GNU C library" or "GNU C Library" preferred?  Both are common (as is
> > "GNU library", meaning glibc rather than a more generic description for
> > all GNU libraries).
>
> Originally we were consistent in saying "the GNU C Library", capitalized
> as the proper name that it is.

Thanks.  As suggested for the "GNU system" variants I propose creating
Texinfo macros @theglibc{} ("the GNU C Library") and @Theglibc{} ("The GNU
C Library") and making all references use one of those macros (except
maybe where giving the name of the manual itself, since there I think
"The" logically binds to "Reference Manual" not "GNU C Library").

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com