Re: GNU Hurd status (was: Fixes for 2.15.1)

Hi Roland!

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:02:31 -0800, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
> Now that you're able to commit yourself and now that I'm paying more
> attention to libc issues, I think it will go better in the future.

OK, I'll bit once again.  :-)

At this very moment, I have arrived at the top of doing review of glibc
master branch commits with respect to their GNU Hurd suitability (purely
From inspection for now).  This was an effort worth several evenings,
having to start where I stopped last time, in October 2011 when I -- I
think -- had last gotten my working branch into a functional state.
Based on that, I will now work through the new issues that I took notes
for (and any others that may show up along the way), and instead of
creating yet more topic branches with fixes, I will save that effort and
instead directly post the fixes.  It currently seems that for said four
months it's not too involved.  If that works out, I will continue with
the backlog, starting with easy/uncontroversial (upon current metrics,
not last years') patches.

And you're lucky -- it won't be this weekend; I should be in bed already,
my sister and family are moving houses, and I got to help renovate the
new house, install the kitchen, generally electrical installation,
probably living room floor, etc.  Boy, what kind of sturdy work, compared
to these computer keyboards...  :-D

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas