Re: [tile] support openat() in not-cancel.h

On 1/27/2012 6:44 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> The problem is that there's no model for the dozen-odd files in
>> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ to get the correct version of "not-cancel.h"; they
>> will all include the standard one, and break on Linux architectures using
>> the new asm-generic API.  So, naively, we'd need to duplicate about 2,700
>> lines of code into sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic/ to avoid modifying
>> not-cancel.h.
>>
>> An alternative would be to move not-cancel.h somewhere overrideable by
>> architectures.
> Unless I'm missing something, there is no such problem.  All the instances
> use '#include <not-cancel.h>', not '#include "not-cancel.h"'.  That means
> the one in the most-specific sysdeps directory will always be the one used.
>
> Oops, I found one instance: sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/grantpt.c uses "".
> That should be fixed.

Yes, you're right!  I think I saw the grantpt.c build error, played around
with that file, concluded it would be hard to fix, and then saw all the
other uses of <not-cancel.h>.  In fact, fixing just grantpt.c will allow me
to put a suitable override version in
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic/not-cancel.h.  I put the one-line change to
grantpt.c in a private branch to be merged:

cmetcalf/tile_not_cancel_h
--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com