Re: SH atomic asms in glibc and the stack pointer

On 11/29/2011 09:10 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> So in my
> view the best fix is to add a new constraint that means "any
> general-purpose register other than r15" and to use it in glibc when the
> compiler version is new enough.  That is what these GCC and glibc patches
> do.  Comments?  OK?

I agree this is the correct fix.  I'll let an SH maintainer have final approval though.

It does raise the question of whether it's worth while to move these sequences inline in the compiler?  We'd need to keep the symbols from linux-atomic.S of course, but there's no reason we couldn't satisfy them with now-trivial C code.

r~