Re: quicksort

* Mike Frysinger [2011-11-28 22:45 -0500]:
> On Monday 28 November 2011 19:00:48 Carsten Hey wrote:
> > Everything in this patches that would be copyrightable by me (if
> > there is anything at all) is licensed under the terms of the WTFPL
> > 2.0 [3].
>
> unfortunately, that's not acceptable.  if you want code merged into
> glibc, it has to have the copyright assigned to the FSF.

The code has been merged/ported from a quicksort I wrote.  I'm not going
to restrict myself on how I will be able to use this original code in
future.

As licensing it under the terms of CC zero or similar apparently
wouldn't change the situation, I suggest to cherry pick the changes that
are not copyrightable.  For example, the first commit (the correct
placing of the pivot element) doesn't seem to be copyrightable.

Carsten