Re: PATCH [0/n] Add x32 support to glibc

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 17:14, H.J. Lu <hongjiu.lu@intel.com> wrote:
> > I will submit a set of glibc patches to enable x32.
>
> Why?  Who cares?

It is going to be useful to anyone with small-machine x86 systems.
I care.

> Move this to the supplementary architectures.

That could be done for entirely new code, but there is not very much of
that.  Many of the changes are kept much simpler, cleaner, and far, far
more maintainable by using some additional macroification of existing
x86-64 code.  I'm sure there will be some things we want HJ to rework to
make them cleaner, but the changes that I looked at a while ago were mostly
fairly clean.

Thanks,
Roland