Re: RFC: Unwind info for PLT

On 06/10/2011 12:45 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Anyway, I think hardcoding this in the linker would be problematic,
> we couldn't tweak it, so providing some special hidden symbols around
> the .plt section and let glibc crtfiles provide it sounds like the best
> option to me.

Would it be problematic beyond the fact that it's easier to write the
directives in assembler than it is within bfd?

We couldn't tweak it, sure, but don't we need to tweak the linker
anyway if the PLT gets changed?  It seems more logical to me to emit
this within the linker itself.

As for the actual unwind info, I agree that using pointer arithmetic
is the better expression over decoding the insns.  Increasing the
alignment is probably a good idea, also for the actual decoding of
the insns on the real hardware.

r~