Re: Glibc release check-list

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> wrote:
> ? The ports repository still needs tagging/branching, but that can come
> ? a little later.
>
> Who actually takes care of that? And when is ports in a state that it
> should be tagged?

I requested that ports tagging be delayed to allow me time to fix
several hppa defects.

Since then I have discovered that the correction of these defects
requires patches to core glibc for cases where the stack grows up (not
down).

Having a fixed ports but a broken glibc core isn't useful, therefore I
no longer oppose the tagging/branching of ports to 2.11.

However, I believe that m68k is also missing a ____longjmp_chk
implementation and that the tagging of ports was being delayed for
this fix. I can't speak for m68k since I don't maintain that machine
architecture.

Regarding the tagging of ports, Daniel Jacobowitz tagged ports for
2.8, but that's all I have in my notes.

Should the ports maintainers have a pow-wow to decide who gets to do
the honours and when?

Cheers,
Carlos.