Re: onwards to git

> > We'll recreate the git archive once more from scratch.
>
> Doing so, consider fixing this: there are, in May 1996 for example, a
> bunch of commits attributed to mib <uco-mib@gmx.at>, which is wrong -- as
> it can be seen from the committed ChangeLog entries, these commits should
> be attributed to Michael I. Bushnell, p/BSG <mib@gnu.ai.mit.edu>.

In general we are not putting much effort into this sort of trivia.  The
git metadata (authors, dates, etc.) from the past is not something we'll
ever rely on.  (Indeed, if you go back far enough, the cvs metadata for
that stuff is not entirely reliable either.)

This particular case is easy to fix, since it's just an entry in the name
translation table Jim already has.  That was a case where the sourceware
user name changed (perhaps the only such case): the old "mib" user in cvs
is the "tb" user today.  I think the most useful translation now is:
	Thomas Bushnell <thomas@gnu.org>
So use that for mib, tb, and thomas.

Thanks,
Roland