Re: libc ./ChangeLog ./configure.in nptl/ChangeLog ...

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, roland@sourceware.org wrote:

> 	sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha: Implies Makefile Versions a.out.h

> 	                               ipc_priv.h kernel_sigaction.h

> 	                               wait4.S wordexp.c xstat.c

It looks like this will break sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ia64/wordexp.c,
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/ipc_priv.h and
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc64/wordexp.c, which include
<sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/wordexp.c> and
<sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/ipc_priv.h>.

The files will need moving to one of those libc locations, and the alpha
versions in ports changed to include the new location instead of the other
way round.  (I believe this only affects inclusions of files now in ports
by libc files; inclusions from ports files for other architectures should
be unaffected as they'll find the alpha files in ports, and the inclusion
from sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/ipc_priv.h will continue to work
indirecting through a new version of
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/ipc_priv.h that includes
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/ipc_priv.h.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com