This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
- From: "L..... H.... || Vivizi Hosting B.V." <h.... at vivizi dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:15:26 +0200
- Subject: build locales?
I've been working on a project for some time now..
It used to be based on FC4, and we're now building a newer version,
based on FC6. At least, it started out as FC6. Recently, I've upgraded
most parts to rawhide, FC6.9, soon FC7.
I think when I updated glibc, I broke a few things...
The project uses FC as the core, then has a graphical interface, which
Now, after I upgraded the FC6 glibc to the latest one, the locales of
the GUI will no longer load.
I read this in the changelog:
* Mon Apr 16 2007 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2.5.90-21
- don't include individual locale files in glibc-common,
rather include prepared locale-archive template and let
build-locale-archive create locale-archive from the template
and any user supplied /usr/lib/locale/*_* directories,
then unlink the locale-archive template - this should save
> 80MB of glibc-common occupied disk space
I hope you can tell me how I can solve this problem.
I hope you can tell me how I can load a few (8) locales, so they will
appear properly with the GUI.
Thanks SO much for your help!