This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Enhance soft-fp for TFmode<->[DI,SI,TI,XF]mode conversions
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 18:50:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: Enhance soft-fp for TFmode<->[DI,SI,TI,XF]mode conversions
- References: <461E96A4.email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4620E86F.email@example.com> <20070414163829.GC355@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070415161020.GE355@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <462BB59D.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 09:21:01PM +0200, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> This patch enhances soft-fp for TFmode<->[DI,SI,TI,XF]mode conversions.
> It was tested for x86_64 target with gcc testsuite.
Thanks, I have committed the changes to existing files (with one additional
fix in FP_TRUNC) plus a testcase that showed on sparc some errors
that are fixed by this commit.
> * soft-fp/floattisf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/floattidf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/floattitf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/floatuntisf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/floatuntidf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/floatuntitf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/fixsfti.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/fixdfti.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/fixtfti.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/fixunssfti.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/fixunsdfti.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/fixunstfti.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/extendxftf.c: New file.
> * soft-fp/trunctfxf.c: New file.
But I don't think we should keep these files in glibc, nothing in glibc
uses them and glibc will unlikely contain 128-bit integer support
(nor need TF<->XF mode conversion). We don't have soft-fp/addxf3.c etc.
either, this kind of sources IMHO should be maintained wherever they
are actually used.