Re: [Patch] Unterminated .eh_frame when using --eh-frame-hdr

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:43:41PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Richard Henderson wrote:
>
> > Patch looks good to me and to diffstat (224 deletions, 0 additions).
> > Uli, what do you think?
>
> I don't have any insight into what compilers/runtimes this excludes.
> Since these tests should not disturb anything I'm inclined to leave it
> in until we have the next bigger gcc requirement bump.

Since then, we've had a gcc version bump: we now require TLS to build
glibc.  So should this patch be committed now?

Here's the patch:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2004-11/msg00165.html

I'm not sure how this affects ports which don't use dwarf2.  The only
one I care about at the moment is ARM.  But that's off in the ports
repository, and I'll take care of any fallout afterwards.  Probably we
should only include the .eh_frame begin/end if GCC uses the .eh_frame
section.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC