Re: South African locales

[Dwayne Bailey]
> The following bugzilla reports:
>
> 484, 486, 488, 491, 493, 495, 529, 532, 533
>
> Are for the addition or correction of South African locale files.
> These still need to be applied to CVS.  What do I need to do to get
> them applied?

I can't say I am sure.  I suspect the committers are waiting for me
(or someone else) to find time to comment on the proposed locale, and
for us to come up with a set of proofs to document that this is the
correct locale for the languages in question.

The last part is the hardest part to understand for me, and have lead
to me almost giving up getting updated locales into the glibc cvs.

I assume you found <URL:http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/glibc/>,
and tested your locales using the script available from
<URL:http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/glibc/check-locale>?  If
not, that is a good start.  It is not perfect, but detect a few common
issues.

There is also the libc-locales mailing list if you want to discuss the
details on locale writing.