Re: dtv array bounds

> Mainline and glibc-2_3-branch fail this assert on at least i686 and
> powerpc64, and probably all targets, when running dlfcn/tststatic,
> dlfcn/tststatic2, and elf/tst-tls9-static.  Which means init_static_tls
> is trashing other global variables.

Indeed it does, and this clobberation causes those tests to crash on i686
when building with gcc 4, though when building with gcc 3.4, the
clobberation happens to fall on some other place that doesn't appear to
harm anything.  I started looking at this last night and will fix it soon.
Have you filed a bugzilla report about the problem?

> 2005-02-18  Alan Modra  <amodra@bigpond.net.au>
>
> 	* elf/dl-reloc.c (_dl_nothread_init_static_tls): Assert that dtv
> 	array index is within bounds.

I like this change but I haven't committed it yet.  Our policy is not to
commit changes that induce test suite failures that weren't already there,
until we are also ready to commit the fixes that solve the failures.

Thanks,
Roland