Re: forestalling GNU incompatibility - proposal for binary relativedynamic linking

Hi,

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

Please back that up with facts, otherwise this claim is completely useless.
Red Hat glibc is definitely compatible with Fedora one and to my knowledge
other distributions when applying patches to glibc are just putting in backports
of glibc TRUNK changes, at least if it involves symbol version changes.

glibc-2.3.4 has been widely tested and is certainly stable.

When we are at that ;-) Does it include 64bit user-space on sparc64 (did anyone ever actually used that)? I ask, because I get some segfaults and SIGBUS using glibc-2.3.4 and gcc-3.4.3 ... (still tracking them).

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.exactcode.de/t2