Re: [patch] MIPS/Linux: Clean up cpp ABI dependencies

> I strongly believe that <sgidefs.h> has no business defining _ABIO32 in
> the first place.  It's a GCC invention and a GCC macro.  It certainly
> isn't (as the name of the header implies) an SGI definition.
>
> The rule IMO should be:
>
>   (1) If you're going to include <sgidefs.h>, use the macros that
>       <sgidefs.h> defines, i.e. _MIPS_SIM_*.
>
>   (2) If you want to use GCC-defined macros (such as for glibc internals)
>       and want to retain compatibility with earlier GCC versions that didn't
>       define them, handle it in the configure script.  Add -D_ABIO32=1 where
>       necessary, etc.
>
> I really don't see why adding _ABIO32 to <sgidefs.h> is going to help.

I agree with this. Though, fwiw, I agree with Maciej that glibc should
be using ABI* internally. It'll get us away from including sgidefs in
glibc code. It's not like we need to worry about other compilers there.

-eric

--
Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com>