Re: [Patch] Add missing #include <sgidefs.h> (was Re: [patch]MIPS/Linux: Clean up cpp ABI dependencies)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Richard Sandiford wrote:

> Sorry to follow up on myself again, but I forgot to say: this is the
> patch that I've been using locally to add missing includes of <sgidefs.h>.

 I still think switching to the _ABI* macros internally would be nice for
glibc as in a long run it would let avoiding inclusions of <sgidefs.h> for
files that are not public headers.  And the resulting code would be a bit
shorter, also due to shorter macro names. ;-)  I'm also a bit worried
about <asm/sgidefs.h> being included on the way sometimes as a side effect
of referring to certain Linux headers.

 Otherwise the patch is OK, but incomplete -- for now regardless of the
choice on macros I think all files that refer to _MIPS_SIM have to include
<sgidefs.h> explicitly instead on relying on the header being included
implicitly from one of headers already being included as the latter is
rather fragile.

 I can split my patch functionally for this to be separate from a possible
decision on switching to the use of the _ABI* macros.

> I've been using it for a while now (with all three ABIs) and haven't
> come across any problems.  Please install if it's OK.

 It's up to glibc maintainers.

  Maciej