Re: getopt() argument permuting considered risky

Ulrich,

> Geoff Clare wrote:
>
> > In my view a much better way to handle this extension would be for
> > the default behaviour to be as per the standard,
>
> Fortunately your view has no influence.

It begs the question: whose views do have influence?

If someone with long experience of Unix systems and standards
can't provide an opinion about API design without being responded
to in an uncivil and dismissive fashion, what -- in your view --
is the purpose of this list?

Regards,

Michael

--