Re: [patch] Matsushita AM33/2.0 port

On Jun 18, 2004, Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> wrote:

> I think is a port that we would prefer to see done as an add-on

As in, maintained outside the official tree?  This would be a pain,
and a bit silly to maintain it at say sources.redhat.com alongside
glibc.  Maybe just have it excluded from the libc CVS module by
default, such that it doesn't affect those not interested in it?

> There are probably configure fixes needed for add-on ports to work
> well, but we would like to get that addressed anyway.  Do you want
> to help?

Depends on the amount of work involved.  I might be able to talk mgmt
into giving me some time to work on this, but considering how long it
took to just get the port contributed, I wouldn't count of that if
it's a major undertaking :-(

Anyhow...  What's the plan?