Re: Problem during compiling glibc after my modification

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 09:16:13AM +0000, ?? ???? wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>    Who can tell me how to add global variables in the glibc source code? I
> have add them
> in the file:../sysdeps/generic/ldsorefs.h and define them in ../elf/rtld.c
> ,use them in the file :../elf/dl-load.c
> But when i compiled the source code i have gotten the following error
> message:

If the loader is doing something incorrect it will usually segfault in
the rpcgen phase because it's the first use of the loader in the build
phase.

Adding global variables is not trivial, and variables cannot in general
be accessed until after the loader has been relocated. I recommend you
purchase "loaders and linkers" http://linker.iecc.com/ as a first phase
to understanding how things work.

Cheers,

c.