Re: Porting to i386-pc-solaris2.9

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 09:26, Francois.Bolduc@consulting.fujitsu.com
wrote:

> I am in the process of building and packaging the Gnome 2.6 binaries for
> Solaris 9 Intel and would like to upgrade the glibc libraries on my system.

> Is there anyone working on the Solaris 9 Intel port?

Solaris 9 generally has a perfectly good libc, so there's been no need
to port glibc to that system.  Ages ago I did a bit of work to get glibc
running on sparc-solaris2.6, mostly for porting experience.

If gnome2.6 is giving you trouble on your platform, I strongly suggest
you contact the maintainers of those packages (or the relevant mailing
lists).  They've been quite responsive to porting issues.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I never know what to expect when you respond to my postings. No insult
intended, you are merely a surprise :)