Re: RFC: IDN support in getaddrinfo().

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> That's fine.  Btw, guni*.h and rfc3454.c are generated, the Perl
>> script to generate them, and the up-stream data files are available as
>> part of libidn.  It doesn't seem necessary to add them to libc, though
>
> It is necessary since required by the GPL.

Ok, can you extract them from libidn 0.4.0, or should I create a
patch?  The patch would be ~2MB, so it is probably easier if you could
extract the files from
<http://josefsson.org/libidn/releases/libidn-0.4.0.tar.gz>.

You need lib/gen-stringprep-tables.pl, lib/gen-unicode-tables.pl, and
doc/specifications/*-3.2.0.txt and doc/specifications/rfc3454.txt.

> Using exactly what the locale says is the right way.

Yes, I agree now.  I'll make the same change in standalone libidn.

I think I'll keep CHARSET around for a while, because
nl_langinfo(CODESET) doesn't work on some platforms I'd like to
support.  It doesn't make sense to have it in libc though.

(sys/param.h and MB_CUR_MAX are the remaining issues with toutf8.c I
have.)

Thanks,
Simon