LD_BIND_NOT on ia64 and hppa? (profiling libc)

libc-alpha,

I noticed that LD_BIND_NOT on hppa causes applications to crash. It
seems to do similar things on ia64 (debian system).

It was not my intent to run the application with LD_BIND_NOT, but I'm in
the processing of getting DSO profiling working correctly for hppa. The
profiling case is similar to the LD_BIND_NOT case since you don't want
to modify the .got or .plt.

In elf/dl-runtime.c we have both fixup() and profile_fixup(), for an
architecture like hppa that uses function descriptors, if these
functions only return 'value' how is the architecture going to load the
proper gp?

Cheers,

c.