Re: Crash during build on UltraSPARC, 32-bit glibc

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Carlos O'Donell spake:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 06:47:16AM +0100, Nix wrote:
>> I reported the crash here because it happens without Debian's patches
>> too (with a completely unpatched toolchain). So it can't be their fault.
>
> Have you looked at the configure options that debian uses for sparc?
> Perhaps your options are *not* safe to use.

I've turned off my site-config file, so the default CFLAGS are in
use. Debian has no special CFLAGS for sparc32 that I can see; it rams
-O2 in for everything.

(As for configure options, debian/rules and debian/sysdeps/* don't show
any particularly shocking ones. I've tried forcing BUILD_CFLAGS of -O2
as Debian do: no change. Likewise if I use --disable-omitfp (not that
-fomit-frame-pointer does much on sparc).

I'll have to look through the Debian GCC and binutils patches again, I
think: I might have to resort to installing a minimal Debian development
installation and trying a build in there (although that feels like
giving up: I won't learn anything that way).

--
`Me, I want exploding spaceships and pulverized worlds and clashes of
 billion-year-old empires *and* competently written sentences.'