Re: Change in employment

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 22:29, Toon Moene wrote:
> Now before anyone shoots this down as an off-topic employment
> advertisement, let me point out the following:
>
> In the _Netherlands_, when unemployed, it is forbidden to work on
> *anything* that might also be performed as "work for hire".  That means
> that if I ever get unemployed, I have to cease working on the GNU
> Fortran compilers immediately [now you know why I hang on to my day job
> so arduously].
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case in more European countries.

You have to be careful not to read the laws too literally. In France
there are a lot of laws, case-law and governments "decrets" concerning
non-profit work while being unemployed and receiving unemployment
benefits from the state, the more reasonable thing to do being to just
ask your unemployment agency. It's in most cases encouraged as
long as it does not prevent you to actively seek a job.

(Or you might just send your resume to the Ada Core Technologies
folks in Paris :).

Laurent