Re: ldd output for sysinfo DSO

> The leading tab is because of the sysinfo DSO.  Its address is in kernel
> space, so writev() stops when it sees the pointer, and nothing gets written.

It still seems to me that the proper solution to this issue is for the
kernel to treat user addresses consistently.  That is, what you can access
from userland you can access via system calls that use user addresses.

> The other sensible alternative is to skip it entirely.

This might be wise for unrelated reasons.  I don't know what all groks ldd
output, but there may well be scripts around that assume that the rhs names
a file that can (and should) be found.  linux-gate.so.1 refers to no file.