Re: PATCH: Fix __WORDSIZE for ia64.

> > > That is the purpose. Otherwise, ia32 binaries won't work right on
> > > ia64.
> >
> > Please answer the question.
>
> As I said, ia64 is the same on this as x86-64, both are 64bit systems
> which also run ia32 binaries.

That does not answer the question.  If the existing definition has been
using on IA64 systems, then they have the incompatible file format already.
x86-64 had this format settled early enough that we were not too concerned
about existing systems with utmp files in the wrong format.  I understand
the problems of this format not staying identical for 64-bit platforms and
the 32-bit platforms they support emulation of.  But that does not remove
the problem of this format changing from what it has heretofore been on
IA64 systems, and we need to discuss the ramifications before sliding in a
change with as little comment as you would have us do.