Re: LC_MONETARY and incorrect danish locale?

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:29:09PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Keld Jørn Simonsen]
> > Hmm, it is customary to have a space as the last character in
> > int_curr_symbol. I believe localedef would not accept it otherwise.
> > One should then not have a space preceding the amount in the
> > international formatting.
>
> Actually, it is required for int_curr_symbol to have four characters.
> But the standard I am reading is not very clear about the use of the
> space character if int_[pn]_sep_by_space is set to 0.  Perhaps this is
> clearer in a later version of the standard.  I'm looking at the 1999
> version.

I believe it is the same in all of the versions of 14652 and also the
ISO 9945 POSIX standards. The text of the final TR 14652 is available at:
http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n972-14652ft.pdf

The draft of 14652 that I believe Ulrich implemented is available at
http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/open/n2638/

The current ISO POSIX standard is available from
http://www.unix-systems.org/version3/ (free of charge but you need to
supply some personal information).

Best regards
keld