Re: Correct month name for is_IS locale (Debian bug #178513)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:23:22PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Keld Jørn Simonsen]
> > It is my information that day and month names are written with an initial
> > lower case letter in correct Icelandic. My reference is the "Nordic
> > Cultural Requirements on Information Technology" published by the
> > Icelandic standradization body STRI 1992.
> >
> > The change proposed here is thus incorrect.
>
> The proposed change is to _not_ use capital letters, ie lower case
> letters.  It is thus correct.  Thanks for verifying this. :)

OK, that is good:-) I still find it cumbersome to read the hex codes, so I seldom
go into the actual data for verifying what is proposed. Anyway the
reference I cited was edited by Þorvarður Ólafsson who was the reference
also for the Icelandic locale in question, and he was the main source of
the Icelandic specifications in the Nordic Cultural Handbook cited above.

Best regards
keld