Re: PATCH: A symbol version bug

HJ,
   I'll try this patch tonight after we come to some consensus
on the fixes required for the -fno-pic tests for ppclinux in
binutils. I guess Jakub was unaware that the -fno-pic support
on ppclinux was never implemented. As I recall the rational
was that it was bad form and only existed for i386 legacy
purposes.
   Oh, one other question. What will be the impact of the
new base patches on binutils and glibc. That is will really
bad things happen if only one of the two patches is installed.
In other words if someone has the patched binutils but not
the patched glibc (or the inverse) will there be any major
new breakage. If so we probably need to tie these two togther
tightly (like a glibc 2.3.3 release with a release binutils
2.14 or later.
               Jack