URG: swapcontext() and thread solution/work-around

    Sorry to raise the alarms and all, but this is rather time critcial
for me.  With my deadline quickly approaching, I've been bitten by the
breakage caused by combining threads and {get,set,make,swap}context.
I eventually identified the problem as a assumption in thread_self()
that the stack would not change.  I since found one thread on libc-alpha
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-01/msg00244.html> and
a bug report 4924
<http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?pr=4924&cmd=view> which confirm
this analysis.

    This is rather important for me to be able to resolve rather
quickly.  Is there any known work-around to this problem?  Perhaps
a clever idea for some hack to keep things from breaking?  Any help
would be appreciated.

    I'm not subscribed to the list, so please Cc me on replies,
blah-de-blah-blah...

--
Bob Bell <bbell@hp.com>
   -- Douglas Adams, author of _A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_