Re: Parallel build is broken (Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report)

> That kills the build on SMP machine with parallel make. I took me
> several hours to figure it out. Roland, could you please fix it?

I am looking into it.

> Also when I added/removed source files, I used to be able to
>
> # rm -f xxx.d
> # cd ..
> # make
>
> xxx.o* would be recompiled. Now it nolonger works. After I did
>
> # rm -f xxx.*d*
> # cd ..
> # make
>
> nothing got rebuilt.

I mentioned this in the announcement.  The deps won't be re-generated
unless the file is being recompiled.  If you add a new file, the new file's
date should be newer than the old object and so it should be rebuilt.  If
you remove one so that another existing sysdeps/ file with an older date is
used, then the object won't be rebuilt.  The safe thing to do is "rm xxx*".