Re: powerpc maintainership

Geoff Keating writes:

> Likewise, powerpc64 needs an active maintainer.  I don't even have
> access to any powerpc64 machines for glibc development, nor do most
> contributors outside IBM.  This means that if IBM doesn't do the work,
> chances are it will not be done, and after a while we will have to
> obsolete and remove the powerpc64 port.

I'll be maintaining PowerPC64, I may be a newbe but I am learning fast.
It's my job (full time) and I do have access to the latest PowerPC64
hardware.

This latest issue (sysdep-cancel.h) popped up while I was on vacation. I'll
get to it. But there are also pending gcc changes to support TLS for both
PPC32 and PPC64. Actually PPC64 is in better shape because the ABI already
supports TLS.