Re: _POSIX_MEMLOCK etc. set to 1 instead of 200112L?

Britton wrote:
> I have a bug report against my application stating that checking for
> _POSIX_MEMLOCK being defined is not enough to ensure mlockall() is
> available, since it can be defined to -1 (meaning never available) or 0
> (check at run time).  It seems to me that this section from mlockall(2):
>
>      On POSIX systems  on  which  mlockall  and  munlockall  are  available,
>      _POSIX_MEMLOCK is defined in <unistd.h>.

The man pages are not part of glibc.  Report it to the appropriate
maintainer.

>      http://people.redhat.com/drepper/posix-option-groups.html
>
> does not seem to be allowed (value should be 200112L).

It's not really wrong, just not updated.  The version in NPTL was
already updated.  I've done the same now for the other versions.  the
result will be in the next release.

--
--------------.                        ,-.            444 Castro Street