Re: Statically linked binary way way too big

> > Yeah, malloc_stats should be surely put into a separate file.
>
> Ok, I've put this high on my TODO.  I have some changes from Doug's
> malloc-2.7.2 that I have to deal with anyway.

If you're going at it I would really like to see the code separated into
as many files as can in fact be linked separately, so nothing unnecessary
is included in a static program.  For libc we can use attribute_hidden for
private symbols and have them be as efficient as in-file statics for the DSO
(still need name space control for static linking).