Re: db1 vs glibc 2.3

>    Doh! I see the solution now. They need to drop the use of -D_LIBC...

Yup.  Something we might consider is giving gnu/stubs.h:

#ifdef _LIBC
 #error the _LIBC macro must not be defined when not compiling glibc itself
#endif

since that file isn't included in the libc build, but is gotten by
basically everything in a normal build against installed headers.
Then anyone with such a bogon lying around would get a clue fast.