Alpha hwcaps

Hi,

I would like to implement processor capability handling in the dynamic
library loader for Alpha to allow for optimized libraries, but I'm
unsure about a few points.

There are basically 6 models worth optimizing for:

                Core    Extensions
EV4/EV45/LCA4   ev4
EV5             ev5
EV56            ev5     bwx
PCA56/PCA57     ev5     bwx max
EV6             ev6     bwx max fix
EV6[789]*/EV7*  ev6     bwx max fix cix

so one possibility would be to have /lib/{ev5|ev56|pca56|ev6|ev67},
and the linker would scan that list down till both the local CPU has
all required flags and the library is present. Does that look like a
good idea? I could probably do it similar to ix86 "i486/i586/i686".

Another question is where the detection of the actual hardware
capabilities ought to be located; I couldn't find it in the source
e. g. for ix86...

--
	Falk